Under the Care Standards Act 2000 all residential care workers must be qualified and deemed capable of meeting all of their children and young people’s health needs including their medication.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) expects all adult social care providers to induct staff in line with the standards set out in the Care Certificate including Standard 13: Health and Safety which states that, as a minimum, new workers must be able to:
• describe the agreed ways of working in relation to medication
• describe the agreed ways of working in relation to health care tasks
• list the tasks relating to medication and healthcare procedures that they are not allowed to carry out until they are competent Medication Awareness
The Medication Awareness course is designed for:
• New and existing employee’s in the care sector
• Anyone dispensing medications, applying creams and completing MAR paperwork, care plans and risk assessments
The certification displaying the course content will demonstrate how National Occupational Standards have been met.
Work through this course, watch the videos, navigate the resources to professional organisations and current legislation and prove your knowledge with interactive quizzes before being awarded the Medication Awareness certificate.
Care Training Services was established in 2011 with the aim of providing outstanding training in the Health and Social Care sector. To accompany the 100’s of hours of classroom training, we are pleased to bring you the Medication Awareness Certificate online course.
We Protect Your Privacy
Your Data is Safe With Us