CQC states that a requirement of the statutory guidance to the Care Act is that health and social care staff will have undertaken training in safeguarding adults.
All providers should ensure their staff are trained and competent to safeguard adults at risk.
OFSTED state that Safeguarding vulnerable adults is defined in the Care and Support Statutory guidance issued under the Care Act 2014 as:
• Protecting the rights of adults to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect
• People and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect
• People and organisations making sure that the adult’s wellbeing is promoted including, where appropriate, taking fully into account their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action
• Recognising that adults sometimes have complex interpersonal relationships and may be ambivalent, unclear or unrealistic about their personal circumstances and therefore potential risks to their safety or well-being
Also included in this course is safeguarding children in line with CQC Safeguarding children training position statement: *This means all healthcare settings, including those that do not treat children
The Adult Safeguarding including Children Awareness course is designed for:
• Anyone working in the adult care sector including the private sector
• Any new employees completing the Care Certificate
• Existing employees to complete mandatory training
• Employees needing to refresh/update skills
Work through the standards in your own order of preference, watch the videos, navigate the resources to professional organisations and current legislation and prove your knowledge with interactive quizzes before being awarded the Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults including Children portable certificate.
Care Training Services was established in 2011 with the aim of providing outstanding training in the Health and Social Care sector. To accompany the 100’s of hours of classroom training, we are pleased to bring you the Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults including Children online course.
We Protect Your Privacy
Your Data is Safe With Us
Please wait while we process your payment...
Please wait while we redirect you...