Moving and Handling People – Refresher
Moving & Handling People – Refresher
Is Your Workplace Prepared?
Did you know that guidance from the Royal College of Nursing, the College of Occupational Therapy, the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Care Standards Act 2002 and the Health and Safety Executive recommends that refresher training in client handling is required at least on an annual basis?
The Moving and Handling People course is designed for:
- Individuals who have attended a full day course within the past 12 months.
- Qualified employees to refresh their knowledge and practise essential moving and handling techniques
Upon successful completion of this training, candidates will be equipped with renewed confidence, having practised essential procedures and having acquired new skills in the latest techniques. The certification displaying the course content will demonstrate how National Occupational Standards have been met.
What’s more, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that not only have they fulfilled their legal responsibility but that this training will provide employees with the knowledge and skills to work safely and provide evidence to demonstrate compliance with CQC key lines of enquires and Ofsted requirements.
The training is in line with HSE, CQC and RCN guidelines.
- A recap of legislation and employer and employee responsibilities
- Recap of risk assessment and hazard controls
- Basic principles of back care
- Safe use of correct equipment including hoists, profile beds, slings, slide sheets, standing equipment etc
- Practice session and guidance
- Ability assessment