Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN ADULT CARE (ENGLAND)
Health and Social Care (Adults) Dementia Pathway for England (L3)
Health and Social Care (Adults) Learning Disabilities Pathway (L3)
Is Your Workplace Prepared?
Did you know that CQC Regulation 18 states that providers must deploy sufficient numbers of suitably qualified, competent, skilled and experienced staff to make sure that they can meet people’s care and treatment needs and therefore meet the requirements of Section 2 of these regulations?
On the 1st January 2018 the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) was withdrawn to make way for the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). This qualification is designed to meet this regulation and is delivered in the workplace.
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (England) is designed for:
- Anyone employed as a senior care assistant, senior healthcare assistant, support worker or key worker in residential settings, community and primary care environments, acute health environments, domiciliary services, day services or supported living projects.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be equipped with the appropriate levels of knowledge and understanding ensuring confident working practice. The certification displaying individual units will demonstrate how National Occupational Standards have been met.
What’s more, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that not only have they fulfilled their legal responsibility but that this training will provide employees with the knowledge and skills to work safely and provide evidence to demonstrate compliance with CQC key lines of enquires. All our Assessors and Internal Quality Assurers are experienced practitioners in Health & Social Care.
Full funding for this award is available through Skills for Care and CTS are happy to assist you to access this funding.
- Access to paper-based or e-portfolios to meet the learner’s needs
- Resources to aid studying
- One assessor and IQA for the duration of your award
- Face to face meetings
- Email and telephone support