Skills for Care – Care Certificate Certification
SKILLS FOR CARE –
CARE CERTIFICATE CERTIFICATION
Is Your Workplace Prepared?
Did you know that when CQC speak to your employees they check that they are aware of the 15 core standards and that training and assessment is effective?
Or that CQC require evidence to demonstrate that supervisors gather evidence from patients, residents, clients, carers and colleagues regarding staff members’ ability to carry out specific tasks?
And along with this CQC require evidence to show that managers can give examples of when staff have not met the standards. CQC will question what happens in this situation? Are staff given additional time, supervision and support to meet standards?
CQC requires evidence that staff members have knowledge of the code of conduct for healthcare support worker/adult social care worker.
Designed with the non-regulated workforce in mind, the Care Certificate gives employees the confidence that workers have the same introductory skills, knowledge, and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe, and high-quality care and support.
The Skills for Care Care Certificate Certification course is designed for:
- New members of staff entering the Health & Social Care Profession
- Existing staff needing to update their skills and training portfolio
Upon successful completion of this qualification candidates will be equipped with a background and understanding of the Care Certificate and their roles and responsibilities within the sector. Along with a working knowledge of how to support your organisation to achieve high standards of care.
What’s more, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that not only have they fulfilled their legal responsibility but that this training will provide employees with the knowledge and skills to work safely and provide evidence to demonstrate compliance with CQC key lines of enquires.
1. Understand your role
2. Your personal development
3. Duty of care
4. Equality and diversity
5. Work in a person-centred way
7. Privacy and dignity
8. Fluids and nutrition
9. Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
10. Safeguarding adults
11. Safeguarding children
12. Basic life support
13. Health and safety
14. Handling information
15. Infection prevention and control
- All course materials including the Skills For Care workbooks and a copy of Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers in England.
- Interactive small group training with related slides and videos
- Expert tuition including telephone and email support until the end of the award
- Discount on connected training e.g. Basic Life Support which cannot be completed online
- Observation resources to meet the competence at work section
- Assessors to carry out the observation including a spot check
- Health & Social Care assessors to assess and sign off the workbook